Known for their innovative ways to see and experience Rome, The Roman Guy tour company has launched E-bike tours in the Eternal City. Enjoy the freedom of exploring Rome on a bicycle that can effortlessly be ridden up the hills, making it a faster and easier way to see the sights than walking or riding a regular bike.
- Book a Rome E-Bike Tour and use promo code ITALYMARTHA for a 5% discount.
You’ll have a local tour leader who’ll introduce you to Rome with an itinerary that includes not only some top attractions but places you might not ordinarily go, especially on foot. You’ll travel with a small group. Bicycles also have the advantage of being able to go places where cars aren’t allowed, so you can get very close to the sights, not to mention that they’re more environmentally friendly.
Your 4-hour E-bike tour starts with some easy cruising, passing Piazza Venezia, the Colosseum, the ruins of Trajan’s Baths, and the Circus Maximus. Then you’re ready for some hill climbing, ascending both the Aventine and Capitoline Hills with very little effort. Other top sights you’ll see include the famous Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps, Piazza Navona, and the Pantheon. You’ll ride into the spacious Villa Borghese Park and across the Ponte Sisto, a bridge that crosses the river, to the Trastevere neighborhood, then back across via the Tiber Island and Jewish Ghetto.
Of course there are lots of stops for photo opportunities as you ride along and even a stop for gelato!
The Roman Guy says: We’re super excited to grow this tour to help cut down on our city driving tour and save on carbon emissions wherever we can.
Tours I’ve taken with The Roman Guy have been a great mix of educational and fun, led by knowledgeable English-speaking tour guides who live in Rome. Here are 3 recommendations for tours I’ve taken (and loved) compliments of The Roman Guy:
- Colosseum Dungeons Tour, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill. The Roman Guy also offers a shorter (more inexpensive) version – the Arena Floor Colosseum Tour. You’ll still tour the Colosseum, including exclusive access to the Arena floor, and the Roman Forum after which you have the option to visit the Palatine Hill on your own. And you’ll get 5% off the Arena Floor tour with promo code ITALYMARTHA.
- The Borghese Gallery Story Tellers Private Tour
- And the ultimate, once-in-a-lifetime experience, V.I.P. Vatican Museums After Hours Private Tour with Sistine Chapel (less costly Vatican Museums tours with The Roman Guy are also available)
Plan Your Visit to Rome
- Compare Prices and Book Hotels in Rome.
- Find a hostel in Rome.
- Find out about Rome trains, rail stations, and buying train tickets on Rail Europe.
- Book a small group tour with the Roman Guy and get 5% discount with promo code ITALYMARTHA (Colosseum tours not eligible for discount)
- See our Rome Neighborhoods Map and Guide
Rome Guide Books:
- National Geographic Walking Rome: the Best of the City
- DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Rome
- Rick Steves Pocket Rome